*** Printable Version ***
- All Department of Biology staff, students, faculty, and visitors are to be treated with respect, civility, dignity, consideration, and professionalism.
- Be aware and respectful of values, cultural norms, lifestyles, dress, personal identity, ability, limitations, and boundaries that may be different from your own.
- Support and care for one another both at work and in personal life.
- Respect others’ property, work spaces, and personal spaces as you would have others respect your own.
- Take action to protect and support anyone in danger or distress; alert supervisors and or contacts below.
Be aware that the impact of your actions may be different from your intentions!
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form, including physical or sexual misconduct, abuse, or assault
- Hurtful comments related to gender, race, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, religion, national origin, family status, or other features of personal identity
- Unwelcome physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual or personal remarks
- Inappropriate display of nudity, sexual images, or sexual innuendo
- Threatening or stalking behavior either in person or online
- Retaliation of any kind
Course of Action
- Anyone with a concern, even a small one, is encouraged to contact their supervisor, the Department Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DDEI), or the Department Chair.
- All concerns and reports will be taken seriously. The Department will help to manage or mediate a resolution if you request it. Be aware that all UVA faculty and staff are required to report knowledge of Title IX violations (sexual discrimination, harassment, and assault) and PADHR violations (Preventing and Addressing Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation).